Who I Am

My photo
Springfield, Ma, United States
During my extensive research on the history and the caretaking of natural hair these are the findings that I have came across to be either helpful or interresting for those who are trying to achieve natural hair or are natural already. Enjoy! -Gotcurls? Disclaimer: Gotcurls? is no way affiliated or representing any of the companies that are mentioned.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Those Ugly Relaxed Ends

UGH!!!!  THESE UGLY RELAXED ENDS! 


Have you ever looked at your ends, now that you have maybe 2 or more inches of new growth and say "ew where did these frayed ends of a carpet come from?!" Can you believe your whole head was like that at one point?? Dry and brittle, and screaming for moisture! I cannot believe, something that I invested so much time and money in, was looking so ... cheap lol. Yes, ladies, we still have to EMBRACE these sad little excuses of hair and treat them with the same TLC as our new found lovely curls. Try a bantu knot, this will created a curl that is undetectable during the "ugh these rough ends" times, or a braid out. I personally use the bantu knot out, it creates the cutest spiral curls! And the smaller the knot, the more defined the curls(: 


Bantu Knots

and a bantu knot out... is when you take em out! lol 
You can do these while your hair is wet or dry. I prefer wet. I use a leave in 
conditioner while I create the knot and then seal my ends with my Bio Infusion Olive 
Oil Hair Serum. Then I wear a silk bonnet to bed. When i wake up i spray my hair 
With water/olive oil/carrot oil then unravel the knots; finger comb/style then I'm gone(: 

Some Bantu Knot Out Tutorials 
on relaxed hair:

on transitioning hair:

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I was growing out my relaxed hair, I was desperate to get rid of the relaxed ends and as soon as I chopped them off my hair just grew! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina Francesca Fairfowl, Thank you for following!

    I'm pretty sure you were fed up with them just as many other ladies who are beginning their natural hair journey. Your hair, now, is very beautiful and congratulations on being one of the many All Natural Women who can inspire so many others

    ReplyDelete