Who I Am

My photo
Springfield, Ma, United States
During my extensive research on the history and the caretaking of natural hair these are the findings that I have came across to be either helpful or interresting for those who are trying to achieve natural hair or are natural already. Enjoy! -Gotcurls? Disclaimer: Gotcurls? is no way affiliated or representing any of the companies that are mentioned.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Views on Hair Concoctions in the Kitchen



Unless you ARE a scientist... Ladies, leave the conditioner cooking, to the conditioner cookers. I love the fact that you can use produce from the earth in order to achieve natural bliss but I do believe that it becomes too much, almost an obsession, when a woman who wants to achieve longer, fuller, natural hair, goes out and buys 23 lbs of powered MSM to mix it with store bought ingredients, create a paste, and apply it topically to her scalp. This is your hair ladies, meaning you only want to put the best in it, on it, and around it. Am I right? I do believe that it is a trial and error situation when finding the right products but if you begin creating these concoctions, or try to imitate a store bought item and something goes wrong; you have no one to point a finger at but yourself. These people in the hair industry are professionals for a reason, they know what they are doing. Anything that you bought that might have not worked for you hair, you must understand it isn't the products fault, you must simply try another. 





I do on the other hand believe that it is beneficial to use natural products sold that are intended for hair and not digestion. Many product lines offer all natural products that are especially geared to the health of your hair. Please use these ladies to assure yourself that what you are putting in your hair and in your body is not only effective, but safe.


Products Lines That Do Not Contain Chemicals That I Recommend:











2 comments:

  1. You just may have saved me from a big mistake. I was going to try the honey caramel conditioner (against my better judgement).

    Lil common sense goes a long way. LOL

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very right Godsy Gril(TM) Please keep me updated on your products, I'm always willing to try something new. And honey caramel conditioner sounds deliciously divine!

    GotCurls?

    ReplyDelete